Let’s break down our plan into four weeks.
Now let’s create an action plan to improve focus and productivity. Research says it takes 4 weeks to develop a new habit.
- Find out how you are currently spending your time. Productivity apps such as RescueTime will send you a report based on your activity. This will help you identify those time killers. Otherwise, you can just use a note pad.
- Find the screen time usage stats on your phone. See what apps you use the most and how often.
- Clean up your workspace. Organize tasks into folders or notebooks.
- Set your clock to wake up the same time every day.
- Review results from RescueTime or your results from screen time monitored on your phone.
- Start setting some goals. Write down some daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
- Add dates to those goals and put them on your calendar. Try using Google calendar if you don’t have one already.
- Set one goal you want to accomplish over the next 3 weeks.
- Find someone to share those goals with. Accountability is a huge motivator to make sure you accomplish your goals.
- At the end of each workday, make a list of 3-5 things you want to do the next day. Only the most important goals that you need to accomplish.
- Find a helpful project planner notebook or try Asana or other project management apps.
- Practice some self-care. Plan your meals for the week and don’t forget to schedule some time for exercise.
- Review your calendar. Are there items that are essential? Are there things you can take off?
- Time to celebrate! Make sure you reward yourself when you complete the goal you set at week 2.
- Review your RescueTime and your phone usage stats at the end of the week to see how much time you have saved.